Our school’s mission statement is ‘Enjoy and achieve’ and we are committed to doing what we can to provide a curriculum which the children enjoy and one which helps them to achieve (through the development of a range of skills, knowledge and experiences).
We aim for our curriculum to be broad and balanced and one which:
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society, and
- prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
We aim to secure an excellent curriculum, ethos and learning environment at Tadworth Primary School through which …
- we will strive to meet the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of every child, helping them to feel safe and happy, valued, respected and included
- we will promote and inspire a lifelong love of learning, challenging children to think creatively and achieve high standards in all that they do
- we will do all that we can to ensure that children leave us numerate and literate with reading very much at the heart of their education
- we will seek out the strengths, gifts and talents of every child
- we will celebrate the diversity of abilities, faiths, cultures and languages in and beyond our community, extending the experiences of every child
- we will develop educational experiences which are memorable and significant
- we will enable children to develop the flexibility, resilience, confidence and resourcefulness to embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of life
- we will encourage all children to actively participate in a wide range of high quality sporting activities; learning not just the skills but also the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship whilst also recognising the positive effect that physical activity plays in keeping fit and healthy
- we will share our successes in achieving our aims, involving children, staff, parents and governors in our own school community and across the networks with whom we work in partnership
See the link below to read the whole curriculum document.